BJB Rules Of membership
Bedford Junior Blues Rugby Club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all its members. The Club believes that it is important that members, coaches, administrators and parents/carers associated with the Club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others.
- Bedford Junior Blues club policy requires all players to be paid up “Members” in order to participate in training/matches. Our membership year runs from 1st September to 31st August each year. Membership is defined as having:
- Club members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the Club with the Chairman.
- Members of the club are players, coaches, administrators and parent/carers and the following rules apply to all such members. A breach of the rules may lead to disciplinary action in accordance with the Disciplinary Procedures of the Club.
- All members must play within the Laws of the Game and respect officials and their decisions. Any member sent off in a Junior match is liable to disciplinary action.
- All members must respect their opponents, playing colleagues, coaches, parents/carers and the administrators of the Club. Abusive, bullying or threatening behaviour will not be tolerated.
- Members should keep to agreed timings for training or matches and inform their Coach if they are unavailable or are going to be late.
- Members must wear a suitable kit. Mouthguards are recommended for age groups U9 to U17. Shoulder pads etc and studs must comply with the current regulations in force at the time.
- Membership fees are due immediately after a player joins the club, and at the beginning of each season thereafter.
- Junior members are not allowed to smoke on club premises or whilst representing the club at matches or competitions.
- Junior members are not allowed to consume alcohol or drugs of any kind on the club premises or whilst representing the club.
- Coaches are solely responsible for providing a safe playing and training environment. Members aged 16 years or under are the responsibility of the parent/carer and, as such, an adult should be present at training and matches who can take responsibility for the member in the event of injury or illness.
- It is the responsibility of the parent/carer to inform the Coach of any specific medical needs and of any treatment that may be required.
- Any kit that is purchased is to bear any reference to Bedford RUFC or Bedford Junior Blues RFC is to be purchased through the Junior Blues Kit Stall.
- Sponsorship can be sourced by individual age groups. Any financial sponsorship should be reflected in the age group accounts. Sponsors logos may be placed on Tour Kit purchased for the age group, subject to the following criteria: The generic club sponsors logo will be placed on the front centre of the shirt. No other logos should be placed there. Individual age group sponsorship,logos can be placed on either sleeve or on the nape of the neck of the shirt.
- Sponsorship logos can NOT be placed on any other Junior Blues clothing unless approved by the club Management Committee.
- Bedford Junior Blues logo or any text reference to BEDFORD RUFC or BEDFORD JUNIOR BLUES must not be copied or reproduced without prior permission of the management committee.